- Start: August 28, 2018 5:00 pm
- End: August 29, 2018 6:00 pm
PUBLIC SPEAKING/PRESENTATION SKILLS COACHING
A "soft skills" training course covering Public speaking/Presentation skills, Communication skills including branding/messaging, and protocol and etiquette.
Overall Course Objective
- Learn new approaches to communication whether for a group presentation, a speech or an interview
- Understand the importance of designing effective messages
- Know how to manage your personal communication in terms of verbal, vocal, and visual messages that you transmit
- Learn how to tell and write stories to improve the impact of your communication.
After this course the participant will be able to:
- Understand the importance of audience segmentation and how to maintain audience attention
- Give powerful public speeches and addresses with confidence and authority
- Prepare and deliver effective business presentations for important situations both in personal and business life
- Understand how to utilize both verbal and visual messages (body language) and personal appearance
- Use voice personality to their advantage- concentrate on pitch, pauses, clarity and breathing.
- Speak across cultures
- Design effective messages and appeals
- Put a great presentation together
- Tell the organizational/personal stories effectively
- Utilize the mass media and other internal and external communication channels effectively to position the brand. These channels could include social media platforms, telephone, emails, face-to-face communication opportunities, group discussions, among others
- Develop effective PowerPoint presentations – Avoiding ‘death by power point!’
This workshop is interactive with a great emphasis on sharing best practices supported by examples. It includes a combination of plenary sessions, classroom instruction, panel discussions, group presentations and practical skills transfer of effective writing skills.
ACDC’S WORKSHOP STYLE
The workshops are interactive with a great emphasis on sharing learning from Case Studies and examples from other organizations around the world and participants’ own experiences. Where possible, some representatives from the media will be invited as resource persons to come and support the participants with some ‘tips of engaging with the media in the most beneficial way. Most of all, both facilitators and participants thrive on enthusiasm, energy and creativity!
ACDC SENIOR COACHES
ACDC draws expertise from a consortium of national and international communications experts. Indeed, our company’s pool of experts is its greatest resource and personnel are usually deployed to address specific of client training needs.
See more – this should link to the ‘OUR TEAM’ page
Follow link to see organisations that have benefited from our training
ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE BENEFITED FROM ACDC’s OPEN WORKSHOPS/CUSTOMIZED TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Nile Basin Initiative
- Kenya Drylands Livestock Development Program
- IFDC Rwanda
- Islamic Relief
- Regional Aids Training Network
- International Livestock Research institute- ILRI
- John Hopkins
- Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM)
- Kiambu County
- Australian Embassy, among others
- Action Africa Help-International (AAH-I)
- Financial Sector Deepening Trust (fsd)
- Youth Fund
- African Union Mission for Somalia (AMISOM)
- Feed the Children
- European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM)
- Africa Center for Open Governance (AfriCOG)
- Youth Fund