- Start: May 8, 2018 8:00 am
- End: May 9, 2018 6:30 pm
Whether you are a ‘pro’; a fresh graduate on a new job or in mid-career – you will need to improve on the art of writing to effectively engage your audience. You will need to bring creativity to your professional documents.
The Clinic is tailored for you if you:
- Want to strengthen your confidence in your writing skills
- Are looking for a mentor who can give you one-on-one support
- Are an experienced writer who needs a refresher course
- Are a fresh graduate/or new to an appointment that requires professional writing skills
- Long to network with peers in your industry to appreciate emerging celebrated writing styles
- Wish to build skills to write documents that are succinct and concise and engage your audiences
ACDC’S APPROACH TO THE CLINIC
We are providing a platform for you to engage with professionals on a one-to-one basis on the practical challenges and opportunities you encounter in your professional writing. You will bring along your written work from your practice and engage both peers (optional) and experts – to produce immediate and practical results.
Expert facilitators will lead the following parallel workshops from which participants will choose to attend:
Digital/online writing – e.g. blogs
Producing effective reports and proposals
Writing for PR –
- Media writing – press releases, elevator speeches, opinion editorials, media pitch
- Policy brief
Documenting stories of impact/Human interest stories
PLENARY SESSIONS ON
- Message design
- Multi-media to enrich content: infographics, video and visuals
- Practical tips with photographer and designed
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The workshop is open to any not-for-profit or business professional desiring to improve his/her writing skills.
This workshop is interactive with a great emphasis on sharing best practices supported by examples. It includes a combination of plenary sessions, classroom instruction, panel discussions, group presentations and practical skills transfer of effective writing skills.
Our company is distinguished by the quality of its faculty-men and women who are not just skilled platform speakers but have previously worked in Non- profit organizations.
These practitioners bring their distinctive insights, practical experiences and illuminating personal anecdotes to the seminar sessions they lead. Furthermore, other practicing Communication Specialists are available to coach individuals and groups during and after the training.
TRAVEL, TUITION AND ACCOMMODATION
Tuition fee is 45,000Ksh. The fee includes: tuition, course materials, 2 teas and lunches.
Accommodation is paid directly to your hotel of choice. Our staff will assist to book accommodation on request.
Payment of Fees
Bank Transfer – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com for details
Participants are advised to make their own arrangement for Visa early. If you need a letter of invitation, please write to firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com