Grantee Communication Training
BOOSTING GRANTEE STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION
Investing in Grantee Communications Training
Some Nonprofits in Africa are struggling to be heard, yet being loud doesn’t mean they will be heard! It’s being strategic and smart about how to package their messages to resonate with their specific stakeholders; it’s about separating their brands from all others.
Many Foundations are now looking for ways to transform the nonprofits they support by building their staff communication capacity. ACDC is dedicated to helping such Foundations and non-profits harness the power of communication in bringing social change as they communicate with their funders, beneficiaries, the policy makers, and other stakeholders who are important to the success of their programs.
ACDC boosts grantee communications capacity by building the following skills:
- Strategic communication planning
- Setting clear communication objectives
- Identifying audiences
- Crafting clear, compelling messages that resonates with each audience
- Communicating what the program of organisation does in 2 minutes (elevator speech)
- Designing powerful point presentations that are compelling
- Presentation/public speaking skills
- Engaging policy makers
- Earning media coverage - includes media skills coaching
- Leveraging social media
Foundations can support grantees for ACDC’s regular Workshops that feature:
- Hands-on, in-person workshops on strategic communication planning; messaging; powerpoint and presentations skills; strategic media relations and media skills coaching; digital media; documentation and Learning; and more;
- Participants meet top communicators in the field of development communication
- Our workshops are very interactive and provide an opportunity to network and share experiences with those in the same field across the region
- ACDC offers one-on-one coaching sessions to ensure skills learnt at the workshop are actually useful on the ground and success is tracked
Customised Foundation Sponsored Training
As a Foundation you can partner with expert facilitators from ACDC who will tailor their approaches to address grantees’ specific communication needs.
The options for sponsored Courses:
- In-house training for one grantee organisation so employees in this organisation have similar understanding of a certain communication skill
- Communication Course for a group of grantees – ACDC recommends small classes of not more than 20 participants
ACDC carries out a general a needs assessment of participants/grantee communications training needs, while working with staff from Foundations to understand requirements, and specific areas the foundation needs covered. The company then develops a training curricula in consultation with the client. A trial with a small group of participants is then carried out to test the curricula and correct the tool ready for use in the training
TOT for Coaches (optional)
To ensure use of the tools and skills after the training, coaches are selected by the Foundation and their capacity build prior to the training. Training will include developing skills in coaching and equipping them in the approach in the curricula. The training will rely heavily on coaches therefore it is critical that they get it right from the beginning.
The coaches are introduced to the participants before the training and they assist the participants identify a communications problem in their organization which they will solve at the training.
If you would like more information about our in-house courses, do call our office to book a meeting to discuss specific training need in detail. The brief will help develop different options and cost implications.